Sunday, July 13, 2014

Faith and Grief

Faith is really helping me with the grief process. It is the custom in the Jewish religion to say the prayer for the dead called Kaddish every day for a year after someone dies. I find that my synagogue community is helping me cope with Mom's death. Sometimes when I feel strung out and very sad being at synagogue really does soothe me.  I am doing a bit better each day but know that I need to stay away from certain people who really "jerk my chain".  I am a stable person but find that I am more fragile than I used to be.  Have you experienced a death and has your faith family helped you?

3 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to you. I lost my mother 7 years ago. I must be honest, I was angry with God for a while. I am slowly rebuilding my faith and relationship with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're reaching out to others for help with your grief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy your blog and am so sorry for your loss. I lost my parents 3 weeks apart to the day, when I was quite a bit younger. It certainly takes time to adjust and navigate through everything associated with a loss.Your friends and your faith a wonderful comfort. Hold on to them. Sincerely, Beth

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive